Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - EU SMS Games - More specific info of the actual countries where games were released?

Reply to topic
EU SMS Games - More specific info of the actual countries where games were released?
Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 am
Just out of curiosity (though I doubt anything comprehensive is likely to happen!)

I'm just curious about this. And if it's even possible to do.

For instance, when I was collecting games that were not released in Australia, I did notice some trends, some games were pretty much only available in certain regions, and seem to be that way still.

For instance, Home Alone, Assault City (Light Phaser) pretty much always pop up in France.

Codemasters Games pretty much always in UK.

Ottifants - Germany

Smurfs 2 - Italy and Czechia. etc...

And of course countries like Poland had pretty much no Master System releases, apart from imports I assume usually from Germany.

Yet all Master System Fan Sites and resources bundle all games as EU. I am just wondering if it would be possible to give more specific info on this? Or would it just be way too overwhelming for anyone or any fan site at all to do.

Has anyone done something similar to my Aus release list? Like, perhaps, even every game official released in Spain, or France, Italy, UK, etc etc...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:30 am
Aussie releases got branded, making it easy to prove. European releases have some ambiguity where the boxes are the same between countries, and there were lots of grey imports (even of US exclusives).

Official game lists and trade magazines may be the answer, but not much of that survives.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!