Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Atgames ultimate portable SMS compatibility?

Reply to topic
Atgames ultimate portable SMS compatibility?
Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:47 am
Hi,

I am trying this Megadrive system on a chip based portable console, the latest 2018 model in white and blue colors. It's quite good and the hardware "simulation" with its single asic seems good for video, input latency and framerate with internal great official games, unfortunately much less on the sound.
I thought that reproducing the megadrive system it should have the Z80 for the sound and maybe VDP modes circuits to possibly run SMS and GG code but it looks like can't run them staying on a black screen after tried. I'd like to ask if anyone knows more about its processor and if there're any ways to test SMS code or VDP modes if available. I tried also the VDP test program but same thing happens so I can't try the Megadrive mode.
The same company did a SMS/GG 20in1 portable and I'd imagine it using the same chip with maybe (?) a different configuration to just use the possible internal Z80?
Reading online it looks like these latest models have a better simulation compared to many older megadrive clones so who knows if sms code would run.
Thanks
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!