Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - RETRO Achievements

Reply to topic
RETRO Achievements
Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:47 pm
Hi forum, Has anyone know this?, is a site where you can register for free and play old games on emulators from systems such as 8, 16, 32 and 64 bits and get achievements as you play (the standard of modern consoles), the 8bits Sega systems supported by now are the SMS and SGG (sadly no SG-1000)

https://retroachievements.org

The feature to emulate old videogames gives replayability value, besides a ranking to compete worldwide, there are emulators patched for this ready to download from the site (in my case I use Retroarch). So you can say "bahhh there is no point play this games to get achievements just save and load a state", but you are wrong and could get achievements by playing hardcore mode so that the save and load feature is deactivated, so 2 ways of playing normal (with savestates) and hardcore (no savestates).

Maybe there is no way to adapt this to original systems and games, that isn't really and issue for me, and the last to add to this topic is that hacked, unlicensed or homebrew games are supported isn't this fantastic,no more spoilers just try yourself!!!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 am
I've always thought the achievements were too simplistic and needed more code hackers to help make them more interesting. I think it's got better in recent years though.
Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 pm
Although I'm from an older generation that really doesn't care to use such features, I'd like to point out that It is implemented quite nice now. we put this in the libretro fbalpha core a while back and quite a few people love it.

best regards,
- dink
Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 pm
I don't remember attaching the link (never mind), most of my friends love this and got excited to play what they called boring old games, well if you never played an old game you wanted to on its day, it is an interesting way to play it now.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!