Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear|
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew
bmp2smsPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:19 pm
bmp2sms is yet another clone of bmp2tile with portability in mind, it is made with Tcl/Tk and should support a quite large number of platforms, it is UI centric for now (no commandline support).
It was in a frozen state since 4 years but the development was resumed some days ago as i am fiddling again on the platform and i completed some of the missing vital features.
It support compression plugins made for bmp2tile via Ffidl Tcl package which is not so easy to install on some systems unfortunately, i may write something about it.
The UI is almost like bmp2tile except that it load a complete directory instead of one file and it has a bundled palette editor with palette picker, the palette can be reordered and colors can be changed.
Some differences with bmp2tile :
* only target the Sega Master System
* the program perform colors conversion if image colors does not match the SMS palette
* indexed images are loaded as normal images (the palette is ignored), a palette is instead automatically generated, this is actually a Tcl limitation which is kind of hard to get rid of
* it load a complete directory instead of only one file at a time, there is planned support to save all files in one go
* two features from bmp2tile are missing : 8x16 mode and cl123 palette output mode
* no commandline mode
* no status bar
Here is some screenshots :