Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - [VGM Pack] Kenseiden (FM)

Reply to topic
[VGM Pack] Kenseiden (FM)
Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:09 am
First VGM rip I've done, had to figure out a pause hack for a couple of the tracks. I somehow lucked out and got a SMS console that had the YM2413 and this one of the first games I purchased for it! This music, in all its tinny glory, is pretty much burned into my brain!
Kenseiden (FM).vgm7z (21.83 KB)
Kenseiden (FM).zip (33.15 KB)

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am
Looks good, except for a few minor things:
- It has a the PSG configured in the header so it is a bit slower to emulate. Set the clock speed to 0 and strip out the PSG data to sort that out.
- Don't put "Unknown" in the GD3 tags - just leave it blank.
- It's ripped as sample-accurate so it takes a bit more space than needed. There's a tool to convert it to frame accurate.

Is your SMS a Japanese one? There were rumours of YM2413s appearing outside Japan but we've never confirmed it. A Japanese SMS has built-in rapid fire and 3D glasses port. The label on the bottom is quite meaningful too.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 pm
currently working on fixing the PSG clock speeds and removing"unknown".
I think found the tool you mentioned, vgm_facc?
if that's it for some reason I get an error saying that the application is unable to start. is there another tool?

Regarding the console:
My parents bought it for me at a yard sale around 1993, I had it up until 1999. It was able to play American cartridges with no problems, a good number of the games I played had FM music. I don't recall the labels on the bottom unfortunately. I wish I still had it now realizing what a wonderful little machine it was!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!