Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - I'm finally getting a Master System (for real this time)

Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:25 am
I think thunder blade is one of the games I actually prefer the PSG music rather than FM.
Playing SMS on GG with TV Broadcaster
Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:57 pm
Game Gear wrote
I've been a member of this forum for over two years now. I've had a Game Gear since 2014 which was the original reason I signed up here, but I've always wanted a Master System and tried several times to add one to my collection. Various other gaming items have kept me from finally buying one though.

I got my Game Gear only in mid 2017, 25 years later from the time that I was eyeing on it at a local Game shop everyday after school. That shop’s main business was selling Kodak films and it had wound up its business several years ago when the digital disruption came. I was so obsessed with the GG that I ordered the mcWill upgrade kit right away after the GG arrived. Little did I realize that I had gotten myself into a daunting project with a few nights of messing around with the tiny GG components after work . Fortunately I managed to pull thru the entire modification and I now have my dream GG with a bright screen and a VGA-out.

Game Gear wrote

Two weeks ago, I went back to the flea market where I had chosen the DC over an SMS two years before and purchased a Power Base Converter from the same guy who sold me the Dreamcast.

The flea market is a great place to source for rare gems. I got a Master Gear Converter for my GG at a flea market in Madrid..it was placed besides the “shadow dancer” SMS cartridge which title caught my attention immediately. Back in the day, I often heard my classmates talking about this cool Ninja with a white hound and the term “shadow dancer” was mentioned countless times.
Anyway, long story short, I now have a collection of SMS games which I played on the Gear Master Converter in my “McWillized” GG.

I even made a “GG Satellite” that beams the video to a 14” Hyundai CRT that my dad picked up from a thrift store in 2011.

Recently, a fellow retro-gaming enthusiast recommended me to post my TV Broadcaster project at SMS Power, so here it is:

thingiverse link is at /thing:3221766

A few days ago, I also retro-fitted a large LCD into an old Citizen pocket TV for playability, co-op SMS fun on-the-go with wireless video. :)

YouTube video is at /watch?v=VjibO3FWg_k

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:27 am
SO Cool. I love this hack!
19-in-1 cart’s Astro Flash (Jap-ver SMS) played on GAMEGEAR
Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:11 pm
YouTube Video at
/watch?v=izdohNax-5M
Playing Astro flash and sailor moon on the GG, it’s pretty fun although I don’t usually like bootleg
[/img]

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 pm
rcconcepts, I really like your gg broadcasting device - very nice work!
Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:56 am
dink wrote
rcconcepts, I really like your gg broadcasting device - very nice work!

Thanks mate, glad you like it. I hope that with 3d printing works, it will get more teens interested in retro gaming stuff.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!