Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Afforable sms solution when living in Japan?

Reply to topic
Afforable sms solution when living in Japan?
Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 am
Recently I have been mostly reading the post and didn't work on any sms projects but I expect to do so in a near future (right now I'm working on a different console and hope to continue on sms once I finish the other project).

Most can be tested in emulator but it is always good to test on hardware. For now I do not have an sms anymore and I'm looking at was are the most affordable solution when living in Japan.

I always like to check in advance, thus this thread. The goal is for development and later collecting back games (I sold them before moving here 12 years ago so I only have a few sms jp games that are not tested yet). Which solution is the most affordable? Mark 3, megadrive power base or the later version?

When I first came to Japan, there was, I think, a mark 3 for 10$ in a bin... I should have bought it at that time, I regret it a lot ^^;;;

Thank you in advance for any information on the subject. Like I said, I'm not in rush, just starting to investigate on the subject.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:07 pm
You should look on https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/
You'll find cheap stuff there, maybe not $10 cheap, but still fairly cheap.

They are under this category:
オークション > おもちゃ、ゲーム > ゲーム > テレビゲーム > セガ
Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 am
I see. So auction is the way. I know that at common store like super potato or beep, when I checked, the last time they could ask easily 12000 yen for then so I was expecting auction to be the same.

I do not remember which site I checked before but this was the kind of price I remember for auction too. Now the one today with 1 day left are around ~3000 yen but still, I guess they spike from that point. Never bought anything from auction site since I don't feel comfortable with the concept but it may be the only way ^^;;

Thank you for the information. I guess I will start to check how price fluctuate and when I start to work on my sms project I will investigate more about it. Dev carts shouldn't be an issue with a proper eeprom writer. Can't wait to start to work with some mix of z80 and C code ;)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!