Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - GG and Small Cart Collection for Sale (JP, US)

Reply to topic
GG and Small Cart Collection for Sale (JP, US)
Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:48 pm
Last edited by notjustlike on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
I obtained a GG and small collection of carts from a neighbor who lived in Hong Kong while their son was GG age. The console does work, but the screen is dim (as is known to happen without upgrades). I've listed all of the games on eBay. Many are the Japan releases and a few US releases. Some have manuals and some do not. None have boxes.

I'm willing to work with the community to get these to good homes, but I'm selling because I need the money. It's not charity. :)

The GG unit itself isn't listed yet. If anybody is interested let me know. I will work out a discount if somebody wants to buy multiple items, which will also save on shipping.

Here's a link to everything I'm selling (more than just GG stuff, but you'll find it all there):
www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=navinman&_sop=10

I'm selling from Pennsylvania, so cheap shipping is available to all US locations. I have 100% perfect ratings as an eBay buyer and seller and have been an eBay member since 2000. I am not a professional seller and just sell what I don't need anymore.

Look forward to working with all of you to get these games into good homes and make some money along the way. Thank you. :)
Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:56 pm
notjustlike wrote
I obtained a GG and small collection of carts from a neighbor who lived in Hong Kong while their son was GG age. The console does work, but the screen is dim (as is known to happen without upgrades). I've listed all of the games on eBay. Some have manuals, some do not. Many are the Japan releases and a few US releases. Some have manuals and some do not.

I'm willing to work with the community to get these to good homes, but I'm selling because I need the money. It's not charity. :)

The GG unit itself isn't listed yet. If anybody is interested let me know. I will work out a discount if somebody wants to buy multiple items, which will also save on shipping.

Here's a link to everything I'm selling (more than just GG stuff, but you'll find it all there). You'll have to cut&paste the link and remove the space since I'm a new user and can't post URLs yet:
ebay. com/sch/m.html?_ssn=navinman&_sop=10

I'm selling from Pennsylvania, so cheap shipping is available to all US locations. I have 100% perfect ratings as an eBay buyer and seller and have been an eBay member since 2000. I am not a professional seller and just sell what I don't need anymore.

Look forward to working with all of you to get these games into good homes and make some money along the way. Thank you. :)

Interesting selection! When booted with a game does this GG show a blue BIOS bumper screen like this one? http://www.smspower.org/uploads/Development/ggbiosbumper.png
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:46 am
notjustlike: Sorry for the link limitation, with 3+ posts (which you have now) you should be able to edit your own posts now and fix the links.
Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:25 pm
I have about 10 more GG carts that I forgot to post to eBay, those will likely go up tonight as well as the console. I will answer the question above about the console later tonight.

Q1: Is the Berlin no Kabe - The Berlinwall JP Release T-33017 cart rare? I'm not finding much about it and there are zero other than mine for sale on eBay.

Q2: The console has a bag, is the bag original or worth anything significant?

Q3: Here's a pic of the console and serial #.

Q4: Pic of a bootleg SUPER GG 21 cart. Worth anything?

Q5: Are these Batman and Streets of Rage carts PAL?

Thank you. :)
s-l1600[1].jpg (240.59 KB)
Berlinwall
s-l1600[1].jpg
20180703_091913.jpg (809.57 KB)
Console Bag
20180703_091913.jpg
20180703_091456.jpg (855.25 KB)
Console back
20180703_091456.jpg
20180703_092138.jpg (199.35 KB)
Super GG Cart
20180703_092138.jpg
20180703_092412.jpg (921 KB)
Streets of Rage
20180703_092412.jpg
20180703_092602.jpg (589.79 KB)
Batman
20180703_092602.jpg

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 am
Interesting selection! When booted with a game does this GG show a blue BIOS bumper screen like this one? http://www.smspower.org/uploads/Development/ggbiosbumper.png[/quote]

Yes, it does. Does that mean something?
Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:04 am
notjustlike wrote
bsittler wrote
Interesting selection! When booted with a game does this GG show a blue BIOS bumper screen like this one? http://www.smspower.org/uploads/Development/ggbiosbumper.png

Yes, it does. Does that mean something?

Just means it's not a super-early no-BIOS model — I've heard of those but so far I've only seen the later ones (like yours) with BIOS. If I understand the serial number correctly (there's a thread on those somewhere here) the second digit '6' indicates this one is from 1996 or so, so that BIOS & bumper screen are expected

edit: also that model number suggests it won't work with the TV tuner, but at this point I dont expect that matters too much given the lack of compatible broadcasts
Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:58 pm
Thank you for the serial number info. You are welcome to add it to the database.

I've completed putting all of the carts on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games/139973/m.html?_ssn=navinman

I priced them a little high because I'm not in a huge rush to sell them and I want them to go to collectors not resellers. If you are interested in a cart (or multiple) and would like to work out a different price just PM me here. I almost never do auctions on eBay for anything I sell.

Some of them are the only ones of their kind currently on eBay worldwide. That doesn't necessarily mean they are "rare" but at least less available.

Thank you
Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:26 pm

I priced them a little high because I'm not in a huge rush to sell them and I want them to go to collectors not resellers.

Very cool. I hope this becomes the norm someday. The resale market is making it harder for real community gamers to enjoy the hobby. We have the power to change that by using this forum and others like it!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!