Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - A noob who wants to create patches for SMS games (Everdrive X3)

Reply to topic
A noob who wants to create patches for SMS games (Everdrive X3)
Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39 am
Hi, I was reading several threads in the forum, one by vingazole about patches for support Mega Drive pads and another by revon about the button settings on OutRun Europa.

I tried with MEKA the japanese Alex Kidd in Miracle World rom to find in the debugger the adresses for the buttons, to map them to other buttons (PAUSE sms button to MD 3 PAD start button) but I couldn't.

Then I tried Emulicious and its GUI is more noob friendly, at least for me, but the results were the same.

I saw the memory viewer, the debugger but I don't understand what I need to find.

My objective is to make patches, at least, for every relevant game in SMS library for the owners of the Everdrive x3, which lacks a pause button.

So, if somebody knows, may you can explain me an example, step by step, how can I made this?

I want to learn, thanks in advance.
Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 pm
You mean the Mega Everdrive X3 I guess.
The pause button on the SMS is tied to the NMI, so it isn't a 'normal' button. Also, MD pads aren't normal SMS pads, thus you need quite a bit of work to patch a game that way, and you need Z80 asm knowledge, to start.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:35 pm
Hello.

You need to insert code when reading port $DC. It is Controller Port Player 1.
Then add megadrive pad function and when new button is pressed do a call to line $66

Do you have readed this topic?

http://www.smspower.org/forums/15107-HacksForUsingMegaDriveControllersInSMSGames

Wellcome to hacking :)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!