Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Port Talk - Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap (Master System, Turbografx, Game Gear and Lizardcube)

Reply to topic
Port Talk - Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap (Master System, Turbografx, Game Gear and Lizardcube)
Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 pm
So back in October I posted the Sonic 1's 8-bit Changes from Master System to Game Gear.

This time I decided to do a different approach because this one game had more than 1 re-release and there are not that many changes unless you do an insane level design comparison with Master System/Turbografx to Game Gear. The series tends to focus more on gameplay changes rather than graphic/audio changes.

Oh and there's commentary as well.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:43 pm
Greenalink wrote
So back in October I posted the Sonic 1's 8-bit Changes from Master System to Game Gear.

This time I decided to do a different approach because this one game had more than 1 re-release and there are not that many changes unless you do an insane level design comparison with Master System/Turbografx to Game Gear. The series tends to focus more on gameplay changes rather than graphic/audio changes.

Oh and there's commentary as well.

Good stuff! Could you do a video comparing the differences of each version of Streets Of Rage? I'd really like to see that :)
Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:11 pm
In the video, you mention that the passwords are not compatible between the tg16 and sms. I'm pretty sure that they use the same passwords, but the we5tone password doesn't work. I remember trying some sms passwords on the tg16 version and having them work just fine.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 pm
Raccoon Lad wrote
In the video, you mention that the passwords are not compatible between the tg16 and sms. I'm pretty sure that they use the same passwords, but the we5tone password doesn't work. I remember trying some sms passwords on the tg16 version and having them work just fine.

When I looked (at the last minute before shipping.. too late..) they seemed to be super close but a few things were different (the checksum or xor pattern maybe?) - possibly so close that _some_ password works both way.?
Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:34 am

Good stuff! Could you do a video comparing the differences of each version of Streets Of Rage? I'd really like to see that :)

There are plans for both Streeets of Rage 1 & 2.
As of this post I am attending ESA 2017 and hopefully both I and Btrim will record some 2 player Game Gear footage of both games.

I'm pretty sure that they use the same passwords, but the we5tone password doesn't work. I remember trying some sms passwords on the tg16 version and having them work just fine

Oops, thats a blooper and a half if this is true. I will test some passwords after ESA. I hate Youtube removing annotations as well... perfect for things like this.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:25 pm
There's a not-cheat password 0PEN THE GREN D0R if you want one that's memorable to test.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!