Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sonic: Project Aspect (Sonic 2 hack)

Reply to topic
Sonic: Project Aspect (Sonic 2 hack)
Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:48 am
A long time I have been working on and off on Sonic: Project Aspect, a Sonic the Hedgehog 2 hack taking place after Sonic Blast. The hack's goals is to show some of the brightest and most colourful graphics ever seen on a SEGA Master System, blurring the lines between 8-bit and 16-bit, 6-bit and 9-bit. Let's set the heart of the SEGA VDP on fire!!

The game hopefully will have 7 to 9 Rounds, with Act 1 taking place in the Present, Act 2 in the Past, and Act 3 in the Future. The Past has a Time Stone hidden somewhere. Find them all, and save Little Planet forever!

I am having some problems coding things sadly. Giving Acts unique tilesets causes all moving objects to no longer move (rings being an example), which, for many levels, I am trying to do (especially for Act 3's that don't already have them). I am also trying to learn how to get rid of cycling palettes for various stages as well, plus, add or change music and sound effects.

Peridot Palms Act 1 tileset working and complete.

Diamond Desert Act 1

Sacred Shrine (OLD, originally called Hidden Palace)

No new layouts have been made except for Peridot Palms Act 2 right now.

This game was originally going to be a port of Sonic CD to Master System, with Round 1 being Palmtree Panic, Round 2 being Desert Dazzle, Round 3 being Tidal Tempest, and so on. It has since become its own thing.

The villain is gonna be Mecha Sonic (who, in the universe of the Game Gear games, was being worked on in the Silver Castle to fight Sonic & Knuckles, but Robotnik didn't finish him. Because of this, Robotnik decided to excavate his work in secret from the Silver Castle, and finish him, however Mecha Sonic rebelled and locked him away. Mecha Sonic has reprogrammed Metal from Sonic Triple Trouble to loyally serve him, and heightened his intelligence. Can you defeat Mecha Sonic and save time and space from another soulless Sonic Real Doll, or will Mecha Sonic reign supreme?
sonic_project_aspect_returns__by_truebluemichael-daogpkw.png (6.43 KB)
Peridot Palms Act 2's eventual palette will look like this. When I can figure out how to have the rings properly animate as they should for separate/new tilesets, the trees will look like they do here for Act 2.
sonic_project_aspect_returns__by_truebluemichael-daogpkw.png
s2007.png (11.75 KB)
Peridot Palms Act 2 (palette not yet separate)
s2007.png

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:08 am
Looks good. The sonic sprites are very impressive.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:25 pm
Looks impressive !!!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!