Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Paprium , a new beat em up for the mega drive.

Reply to topic
Paprium , a new beat em up for the mega drive.
Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:59 pm
Found out today that watermelon is finally going to release the so much after sought beat em up for the mega drive. It's called paprium , it packs 80 meg (!) and apparently the cartridge is also including some extra sound channels and saving I think because the game is probably long.
Presales are on are at the moment and games a bit pricey , 80 dollars and 60 something for a classic edition which honestly I don't know what's the difference. The game looks amazing being 4 years in development and their hype is very strong . They sure know what they're doing .

http://www.paprium.com
Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:40 pm
Wow, that looks nice!
Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:16 pm
One difference of the classic version vs the limited is the cover. Limited edition has different cover by region, and classic has generic cover.
Classic version has plastic box and limited is cardboard.

I bought classic version, some users in elotrolado.net has 10% discount codes.

This is my code for discount but only 5% : 11174633My
Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:31 pm
Last edited by Filipe Santos on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
law81 wrote
One difference of the classic version vs the limited is the cover. Limited edition has different cover by region, and classic has generic cover.
Classic version has plastic box and limited is cardboard.

Thanks law81.

For a cardbox cover they sure are asking a lot for it! It's quite a difference between the limited and the classic , tho the classic is still pricey 69 dollars , even with a 10% discount would be 59 or something but unfortunately i can't shell out that kind of money for a game :\ , it's a shame tho , wish i could afford it , the game looks great and I've been looking over this project for years . I'm not expecting the game to get any cheaper even after all the hype's gone because i think they usually sell all the copies (with all this hype no wonder!) .
For whom loves Streets of Rage this game sure is going to be a hit!

Apparently on facebook they are saying after XX views on maybe some video they are going to ask Sega if they can manufacture Mega Drive consoles.
If that happens maybe they can come with a better job than you know...
Tec Toy x_X

Congrats on your purchase law81 ! :)
Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:35 pm
dink wrote
Wow, that looks nice!

It sure does!

Too bad they don't do any 8bit games :\
Would be nice to have a team like this making games like these for the Master System...

Watermelon did a good job with this game , this is probably going to be their best game after Pier Solar. Too bad about the prices tho :\
Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:08 am
Filipe Santos wrote
dink wrote
Wow, that looks nice!
this is probably going to be their best game after Pier Solar. Too bad about the prices tho :\

The prices are fair for the huge quality you get.
By the way, it´s their first game after Pier Solar, which means the 2nd in-house production of WM :D
Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:51 am

The prices are fair for the huge quality you get.

There are a few reasons that i think why this game is pricey.

1 - It's a special cartridge. It's adding more sound channels and memory saves if i'm right, so there's a lot of sampled stuff in the soundtracks (i had a listen to the soundtrack preview yesterday , there's even some roland 303 acid sounds in it.) .

2-It's 80 meg. They are pushing the Mega Drive to the level of Neo Geo games which are also around the price of this game if not more.

3- The hype is huge which means people won't bother to pay the price they are asking for this game unless you really can't afford it .

I noticed they have like 23k likes on facebook , if they are lucky they are going to make a lot of money with this , which is a good thing since there are quite a few people involved in this , including musicians , i hope it will encourage them to bring more quality games like this one in the future.

Maybe i'll buy it someday in second hand or something as i'm mostly buying master system games and i'm out of pocket atm .
Even for 60 dollars i still think it's a bit too high for a mega drive game , apart from the cartridge capabilities i think the prices high due to the massive hype they do. Maybe i'll get it someday for a lower price somewhere one of these days.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!