SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - power adapter and dust cover Master System 2 etc

Reply to topic
power adapter and dust cover Master System 2 etc
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:42 pm
Hi All,

I'm currently upgrading a MS2 unit - I have a master everdrive and I'm about to get the RGB/NTSC&PAL mod.

But I have a few questions if any one is able to help?

Does anyone actually have a 9v 500mA power adapter supplied with their MS2? this is the recommedation on the bottom of the MS2 console.

Both my MS2s have 10v 1.2A power adapters; they're offical SEGA but are both second hand console units.

I was also wondering if anyone had ever made an MS2 dust cover that's up for grabs. Preferably in the UK.

I'm also wanting the Pause mod and wonder if anyone in the UK does this and if it can sit alongside the above mentioned mod.

Lastly I'd like to know if a reset mod for the console exists.

Many thanks

Many thanks!
Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 pm
Anyone know if Console Passion in the UK is still up and running? I'm wanting an RGB mod done and have emailed them three times with no reply.
Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:31 am
I can't believe the trouble I am having finding someone to mod my master system 2. Console Passion have had two web enquiries, an email, a facebook message and a text but still no reply. and I've enquired with retrorgb - no reply. Can anyone help?!
View topic - power adapter and dust cover Master System 2 etc
Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 pm
Can't mod it yourself?

Why do you want the reset button? I only use the reset button in 2 cases:
1) when I'm trying to have the perfect game and I keep stuffing up the start;
2) when I AM having the perfect game and mistakenly hit the reset button instead of the pause button.

I don't recall ever seeing a Sega power pack rated under 1 amp myself.

Why don't you give the people you message more time to reply? It is the weekend after all.
Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:15 pm
Reset switch.... Because I have an everdrive and I like to quickly explore for games I like. Also because I want to give it as much functionality as the model one as I can as a fun project.

Thank you for confirming the amperage.

Modding - I've given console passion a month already. Retrorgb replied yesterday and cannot do the rgb mod yet.

So I'm still waiting...
Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:26 pm
I have an Everdrive, and to select a new game, I need to power off/on the console. The reset button will not take you out to the Everdrive menu.
Revo
Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 pm
You can buy a French SMS2 with original RGB, the console is about 15 euro without wires. Or even better a French SMS1 like that you will have better colors and a reset button.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:02 am
the reset button is just a 'normal' button as those on the pad... I mean, it won't ever restart any game by itself.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:21 pm
Revo wrote
You can buy a French SMS2 with original RGB, the console is about 15 euro without wires. Or even better a French SMS1 like that you will have better colors and a reset button.

Thanks Revo. Console Passion have been in touch now so hopefully I can get it sorted.
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:57 am
Have you looked into an American SMS1? It already has RGB at 60hz, with the reset button and all.
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:34 pm
I have a model 1 but it's too big for the space I am using. I wanted to mod a model 2 I have for fun and for functionality. I have various other solutions including converters for my megadrives but I am interested in this route. Console Passion are no longer doing mods so I am back to square one.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm
Did you get your MS2 modded in the end? I'm in a similar position, just been given back my old MS2 and wanting to find someone in the UK to do an RGB mod and replacement cartridge slot cover (and FM mod if possible) for it.

I emailed Console Passion and Video Game Perfection, hoping one of them will be able to do the work.
Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:59 am
smsfan wrote
Did you get your MS2 modded in the end? I'm in a similar position, just been given back my old MS2 and wanting to find someone in the UK to do an RGB mod and replacement cartridge slot cover (and FM mod if possible) for it.

I emailed Console Passion and Video Game Perfection, hoping one of them will be able to do the work.

Hi I didn't there's literally no-one in the UK prepared to do the SMS mods. Not as far as I can tell. Tried to persude Console Passion but they had none of it even though they advertise the service on their site. If you find anyone pls let me know!!
Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:55 am
Hi,

I do console repairs and mods. I'm located in Birmingham UK.

my site is ubermicrorepairs.co.uk
My face book page is uber micro repairs
youtube: ubermicrorepairs

I can certainly do the 60 HZ and RGB mod. Even build a scart cable to go with it.

Check my facebook and youtube for the NEO GEO MVS consolisations.

Drop me a message.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!