Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - White Game Gear Cap fix value degraded?

Reply to topic
White Game Gear Cap fix value degraded?
Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:05 am
Hello, I have a white Game Gear I am considering selling in near perfect condition. I was curious to get any input you all would have about replacing the Capacitors and if you think it might degrade or possibly help the value in any way? The unit has never been opened and I am 99% possitive it is the capacitors as the screens colors are losing integrity, I just used it last winter and it worked flawlessly. Anyways, just wanted to see what you all thought and possibly get a generic value. It has the TV tuner, wall adapter, and case all in excellent condition. The unit itself has just a very, very light yellow hue and I do mean really light. Anyways, Thank you all for your thoughts, time and input.
image.jpg (1.07 MB)
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.36 MB)
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.26 MB)
image.jpg

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:46 am
Functional unit will be more valuable than a non working one, and the longer you wait the closer it gets to the non working state. Wait long enough and repair will be difficult or maybe not worthwhile due to corrosive effects (but you can always swap the internals with a working unit, the white one isn't special at all on that regard).
Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:56 am
Thanks for the reply. I assumed that but just wanted to see what others would have to say. Thanks again.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!