Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Posting (from my phone) requires many tries

Reply to topic
Posting (from my phone) requires many tries
Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:17 am
As I mentioned in another thread, posting here using my phone has been very difficult. Clicking the "submit" button works the same as if I clicked the "preview" button, and only after 5~6 tries the post is finally submitted. The same happens when editing. The captchas are hard to read sometimes, but I can't possibly be getting it wrong 5~6 times in a row.

Maxim suggested that my IP could be changing if I was moving around, but this was not the case, since this only happened at home (didn't even try it when I was out), while I was using my own Wi-Fi connection.

I'm writing this post to know if this is a common issue that's maybe worth looking into (Calindro said this happens to him sometimes), but also to test how posting from my computer goes.

EDIT: Well, this worked just fine...
Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:46 am
To me, it happens when I post and edit and re-post too quickly. Seems like there's some sort of minimum amount of time that should pass from the moment you start posting/editing to the moment you post.
When it's too early, it just look like you pressed 'preview'.
Usually I just wait around one minute and it goes.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:16 am
That's true - flood limiting applies, wait 10s between submits. I guess it's not telling you what the problem is to avoid informing spammers.

I may try to disable the IP change session invalidation, but it may be deep in the guts of the software...
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:24 pm
tokumaru: being a new user I think the settings are harscher on you. I think we should definitively reduce the timer (I set that up and perhaps increased it when we launched the board, at the time spamming was more of a problem).
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!