SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - The A-Team Music (SMS)

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
The A-Team Music (SMS)
Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 pm
In 1992, a crack commando music engine was sent to Probe Software by Jeroen Tel for a new A-Team game. This code promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by Sega 8-bit fans worldwide, it survives as source code. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find it, maybe you can hire... The A-Team Music [proto].

Back in 1992, Probe Software was planning to make a Master System game based on the A-Team TV show (just 6 years after it stopped being shown on TV). They got internationally famous chiptune artist Jeoren Tel to make music for the game. Around November 1992, he sent it off to them and that's the last we ever heard of this game until recently, when forum member Kimuji asked him about it and got the source for us. What we have produced is a few things...

The A-Team Music [Proto] for the Master System is a compiled version of the original source, aiming to be mostly accurate to what Mr. Tel produced back in 1992 (although we took the liberty to add better metadata to the resulting ROM image, and made it compatible with a regular console). You can also find the original source and the version we produced from it that is compatible with modern assemblers.

If you want something a little easier to use, why not try The A-Team VGM Pack. This is the music from the game ripped into individual files, compatible with your favourite VGM player (we recommend Winamp with in_vgm).

I'm sure some Jeroen Tel fan will produce MP3 conversions or a YouTube video or something soon enough. Let us know if you do and we'll link to it from here.
a-team.jpg (50.53 KB)
Wholesome family entertainment
a-team.jpg
ateam_music-sms-proto.zip (5.47 KB)
A-Team Music ROM
ateam_music-sms-proto-src.zip (37.32 KB)
A-Team Music source (WLA-DX compatible and original files)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 am
Might I say that the tunes are awesome!
Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:01 pm
Nice work getting it into a usable state =)
Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm
I lol'ed at your intro, excellent work :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:06 am
I met a developer yesterday who certified me that A-Team was in development and it was a side-scrolling shooting similar to Operation Wolf. He brought the name himself when I asked about unreleased/unfinished game. He said it wasn't great.
Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 am
Did he say how long into the development process the game had gone? Is there any chance a proto may exist somewhere?
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!