Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Sukeban Deka II in English

Reply to topic
Sukeban Deka II in English
Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:38 pm
I just finished up an English patch for Sukeban Deka II. It's not the greatest game ever, but it's a decent way to kill a couple hours. Have fun.
SukebanDeka2.ips (41.71 KB)
Sukeban Deka II patch

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:34 pm
From romhacking.net:

kingofcrusher wrote
I also believe this marks the last Sega Master System game that needed to be translated into English. I’ve went over the release lists and can’t find anything else that isn’t available officially or with a patch!

Wow, is this actually true? Can anyone confirm this?
Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:45 pm
No, but we're getting closer. The games that are left include Tensai Bakabon (which I think is being worked on?) and Loretta no Shouzou.

Most of the games left on my list are games that were released in the West but lacked FM support or a proper translation.

We already got the amazing Phantasy Star retranslation! and we got patches that do fix FM support in Ys and Dragon's Trap (I think).

What's missing would be a decent translation of Anmitsu Hime, which was released as "Alex Kidd in High Tech World"...

A fix for Cyborg Hunter that restores the original graphics found in Borgman would be pretty sexy, and Kujaku-Oh was heavily altered before seing a release as Spellcaster as well.

EDIT - filler posted a list at romhacking.net: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,10423.msg156898.html#msg156898

filler wrote
The MKIII really has a short list of unlocalized games. I believe this is all of them:

- Comical Machine Gun Joe (コミカル マシンガンジョー). April, 1986.
- Great Baseball (グレートベースボール). December, 1985.
- Great Golf (グレートゴルフ). December, 1986.
- High School! Kimengumi (ハイスクール!奇面組). December, 1986.
- Hoshi Wo Sagashite... (星をさがして・・・) "Searching the Stars...". April, 1988.
- Loretta no Shouzzou (ロレッタの肖像) "Portrait of Loretta". February, 1987.
- Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (麻雀戦国時代) "Civil War Period Mahjong". October, 1987.
- Nekyuu Kousien (熱球甲子園) "Kosien Smoking Pitch". September, 1988.
- Satellite 7 (サテライト7). December, 1985.
- Sukeban Deka II - Shojou Tekkamen Densetsu (スケバン刑事II 少女鉄仮面伝説) "Female Gang Leader Detective - Legend of the Iron Mask Girl". April, 1987.
- Tensai Bakabon (天才バカボン) "Genius Bakabon". June, 1988.
- The Pro Yakyuu Pennant Race (ザ・プロ野球 ペナントレース) "The Pro Baseball Pennant Race". April, 1987.

Really cool to see another one checked off the list.

KingMike wrote
I think someone released a translation to the SG-1000 Black Onyx, but only as disassembled source code. I couldn't compile it, or else I think it'd have been pretty easy to get a patch out.
(I'd easily violate the piracy rule if I linked it.)

Pennywise wrote
As for games that could be translated on the SMS, I know of one that could be retranslated. Renegade or Hokuto no Ken would be interesting to see redone.
Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am
Ah yeah like I said in that thread, only Tensei Bakabon really counts (my bad, I completely missed that one when I was going over release lists) since everything else is either SG-1000, already available in English in one form or another, or just a huge waste of time (anything with like 3 lines of japanese text). Re-translations tend to not be worth the effort in my opinion, especially for games as awful as Alex Kidd in High Tech World or that are perfectly fine as they are like Spellcaster.
CONGRATULATIONS
Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 am
For this amazing patch, because is not common an english translation for SMS games nowadays.

Best Regards.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!