As the game starts, before the screen turns dark blue, hold ++ on controller 2. Release them after it turns blue (and the intro animation starts).
Start the game with controller 1 to display the level select menu.
Action Replay codes
- Level Select
- Infinite lives (keeps showing 9)
- Have all 6 Chaos Emeralds (Stored in flags ordered from LSB to MSB)
- Keep [XX + 1] rings after collecting the first ring (replace the XX on the code for a number from 00 to 99; disable the code at the end of each level, and enable it at the start of the next level)
- Keep the timer at X minutes (replace the YX on the code for a number from 00 to 99. Entering 09 (only) will lead you to death after the first minute (due to the 9:59 to 10:00 internal changing on the timer), unless you use the following PAR code to lock the seconds)
- Keep the timer at [XX + 1] seconds (replace the XX on the code for a number from 00 to 59. Entering 59 will actually advance one minute every second, so it shouldn't be entered if: (a) the previous PAR code is entered as 00D2BA09 (or else you'll die within one second), or (b) the previous PAR code is not used simultaneously with this code (or else you'll die within ten seconds)
- Zone select (replace the X on the code for a number from 1 to 6 to go from the Sky High Zone to the Crystal Egg Zone; enable the code before the game starts, then disable the code after the level begins)
- Act select (replace the X on the code for a number from 0 to 2 to go from the first Act to the last Act on the given Zone; enable the code before the game starts, then disable the code after the level begins)
See the main page for Sonic The Hedgehog 2